Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

how to prepare the behavior data for those OOTB templates in Recommendations Criteria?

Level 2

Hi, I'm curious about how to prepare the behavior data for OOTB - "Most Viewed Products within a Visitor's Favorite Category." According to the documentation - Pass behavioral information and context, I can't find any practice or sample code mentioning to pass a Visitor's Favorite Category. If the related data isn't available, I guess this OOTB Criteria couldn't work correctly.

In addition, I found that many OOTB templates seem to have required behavior data in place before adopting the templates. Does anyone know any elaborated document to describe those preparation work or if any required data should be passed to AT first?

OOTB-Visitors Favorite Category.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @practitioner-pin , 

Favourite category is defined by Adobe Recommendations through a backend algorithm. You will have to pass the entity.categoryId value when user navigates to a product page that belongs to a particular category (NOT when user adds a product to my favourites - that could be defined as a custom key to be used in other Recommendations algorithm) using the sample code format you shared. 

The rest of calculations to define the favourite category is handled by Target Recommendations at the backend. Think of a simplified logic as the category that gets maximum page views by a visitor becomes the favourite category for that visitor.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Refer to this document for the information you are looking for specific to the favourite category (entity.categoryId has to be passed in mbox calls): https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/recommendations/criteria/base-the-recommendatio...

Level 2

Hi @kchaitanya,

Thank you for your information. May I explore more about this approach?

The document mentions that "When this option is selected, the entity.categoryId value must be passed as a parameter to the display mbox." Do you know when / where to pass it? Does it mean setting a Launch rule to track a visitor's click behavior on the "Add this product to my favorite" icon with the targetPageParams() method? 

The document doesn't elaborate on the "Favorite Category." Back to the page of "Pass behavioral information and context, " the "Item views/product pages" section provides the sample code. It's the same to pass entity.categoryId. But what's the difference from the Favorite Category? 

Could you help to solve the puzzle?

Thank you,

consultantpin_1-1652207487240.png

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @practitioner-pin , 

Favourite category is defined by Adobe Recommendations through a backend algorithm. You will have to pass the entity.categoryId value when user navigates to a product page that belongs to a particular category (NOT when user adds a product to my favourites - that could be defined as a custom key to be used in other Recommendations algorithm) using the sample code format you shared. 

The rest of calculations to define the favourite category is handled by Target Recommendations at the backend. Think of a simplified logic as the category that gets maximum page views by a visitor becomes the favourite category for that visitor.

Hope this helps!

Level 2

Hi @kchaitanya

Thank you so much for clarifying the "Favorite Category," which is handled by Target Recommendations at the backend. And point out the approach of a custom key if needed to specify the behavior.

It helps me to figure out the logic behind the official document. Thank you again.