Expand my Community achievements bar.

Take 10 minutes to complete an Adobe Target review on Gartner Peer Insights, and as a thank you for your time, you’ll have the option to receive a $25 gift card!

Experience B doesnt change content that is not being tested

Level 2

Hi Team,We run adobe target on our website to do AB tests and such. Our cms is Silverstripe.So when we set up an AB test, adobe target scrapes off the co ten from the from the html as value (not dynamic) so what happens is when we change some other information on the page,which is not tested, changes, it doesn’t reflect on the experience
Putting us at risk of showing tue customer outdated information.How can we fix this. Or rather make target to take value from one of the backend fields of Silverstripe ?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

How exactly are you setting up the test? It should only be the DOM elements that are specifically targeted as modifications in the test that are affected i.e. other CMS content updates, made to elements that Target isn't modifying as part of the test, should be displayed to the visitor.

The only scenario I can think of where that wouldn't happen is if there is a very aggressive CDN/caching mechanism in place and/or your modifying the entire page in your Target activity, as opposed to one particular section/component

Level 2

So, i've figured out that i should not be using VEx and use the Form-Based Experience Composer to set up the experience and use the remote offers to show the experience. Can you please help with steps i need to take to set that up? 

I am not able to get a clear idea with the documentation on how to go about it. 

Employee Advisor

Could you give a bit more information on why you can't use the Visual Editor? What type of modifications are you making in the AB test?

Level 2

It is that very element on the web page we are modifying, which has the interest rate. These rates are subject to change and when we set up the test using VEC, the value in them becomes static for experience B. Hence I need to use form based experience. And in that, i reckon, i would need to set up a remote offer to set this up. However, Adobe's documentation is not very clear on the steps to be taken to set up a remote offer. Can you please help with that?