Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error when accessing target through an mbox call

Level 2

In my target catalog, I have a collection of "Articles" that have an id, a languageId, a type (Articles), and a language (eng or spa).

When writing rules in the catalog, I can successfully query for {type: ARTICLE, lang: "eng", and id: isPresent}.

I can also successfully change the query to find articles in spanish as well.  

BUT

when I write an adobe.target.getOffer call, and I pass in a type and a lang param, I can only get results to show up if I pass in "eng" as a language.

Is this a bug in Target? Previously, I could call getOffer with just a single Type param, but 2 params breaks it, even though it is valid per the docs.

(also, what is the new signalClick being returned for all calls?) 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hmm, for any interested: here is the reason and solution

So my getOffer query was using Adobe's Most Popular Recommendations algorithm, and it was looking for at least 10 "things" that matched the query params.

However, even though I had 300 Spanish articles, only 6 had ever been counter as "viewed", therefore only 6 counted towards most popular.

So because there were only 6, 6 < 10, therefore my getOffer failed, because it could not find 10 spanish articles.

By enabling partial design rendering, this issue seems to be resolved.

(although i still dont know what the signalClick action being returned is)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hmm, for any interested: here is the reason and solution

So my getOffer query was using Adobe's Most Popular Recommendations algorithm, and it was looking for at least 10 "things" that matched the query params.

However, even though I had 300 Spanish articles, only 6 had ever been counter as "viewed", therefore only 6 counted towards most popular.

So because there were only 6, 6 < 10, therefore my getOffer failed, because it could not find 10 spanish articles.

By enabling partial design rendering, this issue seems to be resolved.

(although i still dont know what the signalClick action being returned is)