Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Does Adobe Target support using Adobe Analytics sub-classification variables in the feed?

Level 1

Hi,

I can find the sub-classification variable (shown as Subject^User_Segment) in feed and set it as the field column header, then complete all the configuration. When I click save button, it shows the error "Subject.User_Segment" contains invalid characters". How can I use sub-classification variables from AA in the feed?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @yunzhu_Hu ,

Sorry, never tried it since it is not a preferred method.

However, since the error is on the name, can you try changing the name of the subclassification in Adobe Analytics (User_Segment --> UserSegment) or test a new subclassification without any special characters in it?

If the error is not resolved, then Sub-Classification could be the culprit here. But, confirm with the Target Support Team once or wait for other experts to confirm the same.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

PS: Hope it is Product Classification (Target supports Product Classifications only).

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @yunzhu_Hu ,

Sorry, never tried it since it is not a preferred method.

However, since the error is on the name, can you try changing the name of the subclassification in Adobe Analytics (User_Segment --> UserSegment) or test a new subclassification without any special characters in it?

If the error is not resolved, then Sub-Classification could be the culprit here. But, confirm with the Target Support Team once or wait for other experts to confirm the same.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

PS: Hope it is Product Classification (Target supports Product Classifications only).

Level 1

Hi @PratheepArunRaj ,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the solution you provided, which is to replace "user_segment" with "userSegment". Unfortunately this did not work. I then consulted with client care and confirmed that AT does not support the use of AA sub-classification in the feed.

Thank you again!

Yunzhu

Community Advisor

Dear @yunzhu_Hu ,

Thanks for updating the status of the thread, much appreciated. Lesson learnt!

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics