Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Create Custom Audience on Adobe Target

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I want to create an audience on Adobe target for users who have completed a particular CTA on my website in the past 60 days.

Please let me know what attributes/event can be used for this. When a user clicks on the CTA, a dialogue box is popped up while the URL in the background remains the same. Also, is it possible to change the duration for which a user will be part of this audience list?

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Kukreja

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Abhikeabhi If you use Adobe Analytics and track clicks on this CTA, you can create a segment, share it with Adobe Target and then use it in your activity.

If you want to do it in Adobe Target, here are the steps:

Step 1: Pass click-event to Adobe Target - use trackEvent() to inform Adobe Target that the CTA has been clicked. You may pass a specific mbox-name or an mbox-paramater

Step 2: Create a recency profile attribute - create a profile script to capture the time when the CTA was clicked and use this time to calculate number of days since the CTA was last clicked.

Step 3: Use this profile attribute in your activity - use the condition "greater than 60"

Check that Profile Lifetime setting under Administration section is more than 60 days. By default it 14 days. You may contact Adobe Client-care team to get this value changed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Abhikeabhi If you use Adobe Analytics and track clicks on this CTA, you can create a segment, share it with Adobe Target and then use it in your activity.

If you want to do it in Adobe Target, here are the steps:

Step 1: Pass click-event to Adobe Target - use trackEvent() to inform Adobe Target that the CTA has been clicked. You may pass a specific mbox-name or an mbox-paramater

Step 2: Create a recency profile attribute - create a profile script to capture the time when the CTA was clicked and use this time to calculate number of days since the CTA was last clicked.

Step 3: Use this profile attribute in your activity - use the condition "greater than 60"

Check that Profile Lifetime setting under Administration section is more than 60 days. By default it 14 days. You may contact Adobe Client-care team to get this value changed.

Community Advisor

Somehow I am not able to add code in the replies:

Code for Step 1:

adobe.target.trackEvent({
"mbox": "clicked-cta",
"params": {
"param1": "value1"
}
});

Community Advisor

Code for Step 2: 

// 86400000 milliseconds in a day

if (mbox.name === 'clicked-cta'){
user.setLocal('lastClickTime', new Date().getTime());
}
var lastClickTime = user.getLocal('lastClickTime');
if (lastClickTime) {
return ((new Date()).getTime()-lastClickTime)/86400000;
}

Level 2

Thankyou so much @Rajneesh_Gautam_ for your detailed response. Appreciate your help. I will check if the below steps works. Will keep you posted.