Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Control experience without modifications not showing in Response Tokens

Level 1

When I have an A/B test where let's say experience A has no modifications, and experience B has a modification, the response tokens contain no trace of the activity when the user is in experience A. When a user is in experience B, I do get the expected response tokens.

I'm wondering it this is expected behaviour, and if so how I can find out in JS which activity's are active on the page.

I'm using the response tokens for debugging (very similar to what is described on the Response tokens page), but also to base some tracking on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

If you want to see what activities you are qualified for you can use the Experience Cloud Debugger browser extension as discussed in our knowledge base here:

Troubleshoot content delivery

and here:

Marketing Cloud Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

If you want to see what activities you are qualified for you can use the Experience Cloud Debugger browser extension as discussed in our knowledge base here:

Troubleshoot content delivery

and here:

Marketing Cloud Help

Level 1

Thank you for replying. I am aware of the Experience Cloud Debugger, and I use it indeed to verify which activities I qualified for when debugging.

For tracking however, I require that list of activities somewhere in JS code. Something like the ttMeta plugin used to provide.

When I follow the steps on the Response Tokens page in the section "Debugging (similar to the ttMeta plugin)", this works for XT tests and for all A/B test experiences where the page is modified.

When an experience has no modifications (because it is the control experience), I cannot see them in the response tokens.

FYI: Target is loaded by Launch, but that should not really matter here. Currently v2.1.0 is used, but the same behaviour was observed in earlier versions.