Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Can we see audience population in Adobe Target?

Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Is it possible to see audience population in Adobe Target?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@SCB 

Thanks for posting this question. I think you are looking for something similar to the Audience Map provided in Analytics that gives you an idea of how many visitors you can expect to qualify into the audience is that correct? 

Is this what you are looking for in Target: 
Analytics_Guesstimate.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@SCB 

Thanks for posting this question. I think you are looking for something similar to the Audience Map provided in Analytics that gives you an idea of how many visitors you can expect to qualify into the audience is that correct? 

Is this what you are looking for in Target: 
Analytics_Guesstimate.png

Level 4
Level 4

Hi @MihneaD,

Yes, that is what I am looking for in Target.  Do we have that?

Thanks

Employee Advisor

@SCB 

Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately that functionality is specific to Adobe Analytics. I imagine it has something to do with the vast amount of data which Analytics has available to build the model and give you a guess at the time when you are setting up the Audience. As far as I'm aware this piece doesn't have a counterpart in Adobe Target. However I do agree it would make for an awesome feature. Lets submit it as an idea here (Product Management reads those!) and see how many people we can get to vote on it. You have my vote if that counts. Let me know if you would like to submit it or if you would like me to submit it for you. 

Level 4
Level 4

Hi @MihneaD,

Thanks for the quick response.  Please go ahead and submit the request on my behalf

Thanks a lot.

Employee

Hi @SCB  - the reason we don't have this in Target is because Target is not creating segments, it is building an on-the-fly audience from a current context.

Consider this:  A segment is a processed list of profiles that meet certain criteria.   An Audience is a live evaluation at execution based on current conditions.   A Target Audience is not a segment - as the evaluation depends on the context of the request (server call) to Adobe Target's services.  Because these always evaluate in real-time per-user per-request, we cannot pre-compute a size list.   The upshot is that Target audiences are the most real-time audiences available based on the current hit!

cc @MihneaD 

Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for the thorough explanation on this @JasonHickey.  Appreciate it.