Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP Web SDK - Retrieving response token and sending it to AEP.

Level 2

Hi All,

I am facing a problem while fetching the response token via AEP web sdk.
Summary - We have an event driven data layer implementation for events like page view, error, navigation, order process etc. We use one single rule to fire either link click or page view server call to edge servers (using the mapping extension). In this rule, we have the Document Unload setting turned on. This is because we do not want to wait for any response from the server.
I want to fetch the target response and make an ACDL push and send it over through our schema. The problem I am having now is that the document unload(turned on) is blocking the call. 
If I create a new rule with document unload unchecked, I notice that that the document unload option checked in the global rule is never overridden by my new rule. I am not sure how can I add my data to the ACDL and send it over.
Here is how I fetch the response token and trigger it on Event:  'send event complete'

2023-06-27_15h25_51.png

Has anyone faced a similar issue or has any tips that I can use to achieve this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @srv_15 ,

Are you trying to fetch the Target Meta Data only on a few pages? Or all the pages?

If it is on all the pages, then you need to wait for the Target Response and thus you need to uncheck the 'Document Unload' option.

If it is on a few pages, then exclude the pages from your global rule and create a new rule without 'Document Unload' checked, and add those pages here.

Also, see whether you can set this variable in the 'AEP Callback Function' dynamically based on your requirements rather than setting the same in the Global Rule.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi @srv_15 

Are you trying to capture the Target Response Tokens from a WebSDK Target call, and then pass them back to an AEP dataset (within the XDM schema) in a second WebSDK send event on the page? 

Level 2

Yes @Jacob_T1 , thats the idea. As soon as the target response is fetched, I am pushing it in the ACDL and from there I am trying to send it to AEP. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @srv_15 ,

Are you trying to fetch the Target Meta Data only on a few pages? Or all the pages?

If it is on all the pages, then you need to wait for the Target Response and thus you need to uncheck the 'Document Unload' option.

If it is on a few pages, then exclude the pages from your global rule and create a new rule without 'Document Unload' checked, and add those pages here.

Also, see whether you can set this variable in the 'AEP Callback Function' dynamically based on your requirements rather than setting the same in the Global Rule.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics