Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

AEM Campaigns to Adobe Target

Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to connect my AEM instance to Adobe Target. I have followed the instructions in this doc. The segments are synced from Adobe Target to my local AEM instance. However, when I create a new Campaign in AEM and add the Cloud Service Configuration to use Adobe Target, it doesn't sync back to Adobe Target. I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem before. (Using a vanilla AEM 6.1 Author Instance)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

As per my knowledge: 

• The integration seems to leverage the API to Target Classic Workflow. 
  • The experiences and activities (campaigns) created in AEM show up in the Target Classic UI.
  • There seems to be a bug in AEM that prevents the integration from working when your author instance is not running on a dedicated port like 4502.
  • The integration will pull the segments from Target into AEM for use in a targeting scenario, but only segments that you have created yourself, not the ones that ship with Target. I haven't been actually able to get the personalization (based on Target segments) running in AEM. AFAIK AEM does not necessarily have  a concept of the Target (or MC) visitorID and of the visitor profile data stored inside Target.
  • As far as I know, you cannot preview / QA targeted experiences using the client context in AEM (or the persona settings on the top of the page in author mode – forgot what it is properly called.). So, there is no way to QA your targeted experiences right now.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

As per my knowledge: 

• The integration seems to leverage the API to Target Classic Workflow. 
  • The experiences and activities (campaigns) created in AEM show up in the Target Classic UI.
  • There seems to be a bug in AEM that prevents the integration from working when your author instance is not running on a dedicated port like 4502.
  • The integration will pull the segments from Target into AEM for use in a targeting scenario, but only segments that you have created yourself, not the ones that ship with Target. I haven't been actually able to get the personalization (based on Target segments) running in AEM. AFAIK AEM does not necessarily have  a concept of the Target (or MC) visitorID and of the visitor profile data stored inside Target.
  • As far as I know, you cannot preview / QA targeted experiences using the client context in AEM (or the persona settings on the top of the page in author mode – forgot what it is properly called.). So, there is no way to QA your targeted experiences right now.

Thanks!

Level 2

+1 to Shekar's Solution

Apart from this there is one hotfix (Hotfix 6570) which you should install to fix Adobe target integration issues

Level 2

rami_el wrote...

Hello,

I'm trying to connect my AEM instance to Adobe Target. I have followed the instructions in this doc. The segments are synced from Adobe Target to my local AEM instance. However, when I create a new Campaign in AEM and add the Cloud Service Configuration to use Adobe Target, it doesn't sync back to Adobe Target. I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem before. (Using a vanilla AEM 6.1 Author Instance)

Hi,

the same is not working for me? Neither on 4502 nor on any other port.

were you able to figure out the solution for the same?

If yes, then can you please share the same.

Thanks in Advance,

Prateek