Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Adobe Target VEC Helper | Cookie Name & Domain

Level 1

Hello all,

I am currently setting up Target to run A/B tests. Since we do business in Europe, we use OneTrust as our cookie tool. 

I know that I can use VEC Helper to bypass Cookie Consent in order to use Target's Visual Composer. What is not clear to me is how to find out the cookie name and domain. 

Are there any (good) instructions for this or can someone give me a quick tip on how to extract the data?

Many Thanks & Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@sbraschos  to bypass the cookie consent window within VEC, I would suggest opening a new tab in your browser and then visit that URL there first. Accept the cookies and then try again accessing the page in Target VEC. For example: if I need to access page "abc.com" within VEC then first I will visit this page in a different tab, accept cookies and then try accessing this page within VEC.

In regards to your question: "how to find out the cookie name and domain ?". You simply need to access the URL in a browser and then open the browser developer console > Select Application >then select the cookie and there you will see the name and Domain value.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@sbraschos  to bypass the cookie consent window within VEC, I would suggest opening a new tab in your browser and then visit that URL there first. Accept the cookies and then try again accessing the page in Target VEC. For example: if I need to access page "abc.com" within VEC then first I will visit this page in a different tab, accept cookies and then try accessing this page within VEC.

In regards to your question: "how to find out the cookie name and domain ?". You simply need to access the URL in a browser and then open the browser developer console > Select Application >then select the cookie and there you will see the name and Domain value.