Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Adobe Target Item-Based Recommendations Seem Random – How to Verify Correct Parameter Capture?

Level 3

I have set up an item-based recommendation strategy in Adobe Target, using the 'Based on Most Recent Conversion' criterion. To track conversions, I created an mbox named 'orderConfirmPage'. However, the recommendations that are being generated still seem quite random, and I suspect that the proper parameters might not be getting captured correctly.

Actions Taken:

I've double-checked the 'orderConfirmPage' mbox configuration to ensure it's triggered correctly on the order confirmation page.
I confirmed that the recommendation criterion is set to use 'Based on Most Recent Conversion'.

Any insights or guidance would be immensely valuable as I aim to ensure that our users are receiving the most relevant and personalized recommendations based on their most recent conversions.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@ZvoidZ  - a couple of suggestions:

1. Review your look-back window - if implementation is robust, look-back window may be reason why you see unexpected results being recommended. Compare the products returned with Sales data in Analytics.

2. Check your collection: Check that the products you are expecting are part of the collection you have used.

At the same time, I'd suggest reaching Adobe Client care to get the sales data for your products. If the data does not match Analytics data, you may have to check your implementation again.

Regards

Rajneesh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@ZvoidZ  - a couple of suggestions:

1. Review your look-back window - if implementation is robust, look-back window may be reason why you see unexpected results being recommended. Compare the products returned with Sales data in Analytics.

2. Check your collection: Check that the products you are expecting are part of the collection you have used.

At the same time, I'd suggest reaching Adobe Client care to get the sales data for your products. If the data does not match Analytics data, you may have to check your implementation again.

Regards

Rajneesh