Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Target Implementation on AEP Web SDK

Level 2

Hello,

I am testing out implementing Adobe Target through the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK with a proof of concept. My question relates to single page applications (SPAs), will the Visual Experience Composer only pick up on view names when the URL of the page doesn't change? I have an SPA that changes URL with each page and when I load a new "page", i.e. the URL changes on my SPA, the view name that I've set in the XDM object for that "page" doesn't appear. Although the view name does appear for on page interactions. 

The only reason I can think of why this might be is because of the URL change. Does Adobe Target only allow you to use view names for modifications when the URL has remained the same?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2

Adobe allows for modifications when the URL has changed. Target only knows the "page" from the view name.

Are you setting the view in the XDM object via an "update variable" action? The view name should appear in your XDM request and in the decision scope. Though it sounds like you aren't seeing it here.

What are you using for your view name values?

Level 2

I am setting the view name in the XDM object in the "Send Event" action. The view name depends on the rule but usually it's either the name of the page, taken from the Adobe Client Data Layer or if the view name isn't related to a new page, then I use the interaction name data element as the view name.

I can still modify the page when the URL changes but I wasn't sure if I should expect to see the view name in instances where the URL changes.

Level 2

You should also be using Update Variable prior to the Send Event. In that Update Variable, you can also set “viewName” in web.webPageDetails.viewName.

Level 7

in case of SPA considering using view-based targetting not page view / URL based , Look into using triggerView() method of at.js/WebSDK via target extension on launch.

@liamevans11