Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Target: A/B Testing - Redirect URL

Level 2

Hi Guys,

Recently I have tried to do the A/B testing for one of my client websites and I have used the redirect option to redirect the page to a different one.

But when redirecting the Experience B, there is an encrypted link after the original link followed like this:

www.example.com?mboxSession=67ee511f0aa54f77b9f2b509e7b763eb&adobe_mc_sdid=SDID%3D7F3167834415BC85-2...

It seems like phishing the users. So How can I able to mask or remove this code from the original link URL?

I need to show only the original link URL.

I need your help guys

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I have fixed the issue myself. And it's working fine. If anyone interested to know please let me know.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

I have fixed the issue myself. And it's working fine. If anyone interested to know please let me know.

Employee Advisor

aravindbalu​,

Please share your solution with us! Much appreciated.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 2

Hi Mike,

Sure, Here I am sharing the solution to all of you guys.

For those who want to redirect without the encrypted link, Here is the solution.

If you need to redirect a link URL with a different link URL for Experience A & B.

Experience A: www.example.com/a

Experience B: www.example.com/b

Don't use the below-mentioned method on the A/B testing activity for redirection.

01.png

This will work, but you will get redirected with an encrypted link after the original domain as mentioned below:

http://www.example.com?mboxSession=67ee511f0aa54f77b9f2b509e7b763eb&adobe_mc_sdid=SDID%3D7F316783 4415BC85-25F09354020D0A74%7CMCORGID%3D2C488785558BC9F67F000101%40AdobeOrg%7CTS%3D157138104 0&adobe_mc_ref=https%3A%2F%2F

This looks like pishing,

Even if you uncheck the "Include Current Query Parameters" too it's not going to work.

Screenshot (1219).png

Try this method: Click the plus symbol on the "Modifications" menu which is on the right side of the experience activity.

Screenshot (1220).png

Select the "Modifications" and the screen will look like the image attached below:

Screenshot (1221).png

Select the Modification Type: you will get 3 options to choose from.

Select the "Custom Code" section from the Modification Type:

Screenshot (1222).png

Replace the link URL with your Experience B link URL. Click save!

Screenshot (1224).png

That's it, guys. you're ready to redirect the Experience B without the encrypted mbox session-id after the original link URL.

if you face any issues please let me know...

Level 2

Will this method work if we are redirecting to the same page with additional URL parameters?  For instance:

Default:  example.com

Redirect: example.com/?partnerid=1234

Level 3

Hi @MikeTolin I'm looking to setup a similar experience to what you asked about - did you manage to get it working?  How did you do it? Your help would be greatly appreciated! 

Level 2

Issue never got resolved.  Would love to collaborate on a solution though.  What exactly are you trying to accomplish?