Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Adobe Recommendations | Item Based Algorithm is not returning any data

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

We have used Item Based >  Items with Similar attributes > Current Item criteria.

When I hit the delivery api for the server side recommendation activity I do not get any content in response.

The collection that the activity is using has the products and the activity is not using any exclusion.

Can anyone advise why the activity is not returning any recommendation products?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @ambikaTewari_ATCI ,

I have found one interesting article which may help you on your ongoing task.

How to Fetch Recommendations with the Delivery API (adobe.com)
In this if you see they are calling the "entity id" within the "product" parameter as shown below. You can also do the same and check if you are getting the desired results.

vijayc88216288_1-1675246248551.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi @ambikaTewari_ATCI ,
Could you check from the activity itself if the entity.id that you are passing in the delivery API has any recommendation ready. The way to check that by downloading the data from the recommendation activity as shown below. In this file you can whether the particular entity.id that you are passing in the delivery API has any recommendation.

vijayc88216288_0-1675236550554.png

Incase, if you are getting the recommendation for the particular id, could you share the delivery API here to let us look further.

Community Advisor

Hi @vijayc88216288 Below is the payload and request body , here I do not see any option to pass entityId in the delivery API

PAYLOAD : 

REQUEST BODY :
{
    "id": {     
                   "marketingCloudVisitorId""90062127111220109930811795194526060969"
    },

"trace": {
"authorizationToken""ef024511-5aca-41da-b829-9a3600edefbc"
},
"environmentId":"755",
    "context": {
        "channel""web",

"browser" : {
          "host" : "www.ABC.com" 
        }
    },
     "property" : {
        "token""c72849c6-2a3c-8a3b-bf17-94885baf8879"
      },
    "execute": {
        "mboxes"
        [
            {
            "name""petFriendly",
            "index"1
        }
        ]
    }
}

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @ambikaTewari_ATCI ,

I have found one interesting article which may help you on your ongoing task.

How to Fetch Recommendations with the Delivery API (adobe.com)
In this if you see they are calling the "entity id" within the "product" parameter as shown below. You can also do the same and check if you are getting the desired results.

vijayc88216288_1-1675246248551.png

Community Advisor

Can't thank you enough.I have provided the id in the API request body and now I can see the response in the content.

For this particular Id , I am seeing all those products in the response which are present in the download data csv.