Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Action could not be applied due to missing or invalid element selector

Level 1

Setting up an A/B test using VEC.  After modifying copy in my new experience I'm getting this error message: "Action could not be applied due to missing or invalid element selector"

Anyone know how to correct this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

hi mike,

There might be two reasons for this issue

1. Structure of your page has changed since the activity was last saved.

The missing selectors might be reached using Browse mode. It is recommended that you delete and then re-create each experience to ensure that your content looks as you expect, as indicated in the warning message.

2. The element on which you have done modifications is loading after modifications getting fired so it is unable to find the element to perform modifications and throwing error "missing or invalid element selector".

This might help you to understand more about Element Selectors Used in the Visual Experience Composer

Thanks,

Gauresh.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

hi mike,

There might be two reasons for this issue

1. Structure of your page has changed since the activity was last saved.

The missing selectors might be reached using Browse mode. It is recommended that you delete and then re-create each experience to ensure that your content looks as you expect, as indicated in the warning message.

2. The element on which you have done modifications is loading after modifications getting fired so it is unable to find the element to perform modifications and throwing error "missing or invalid element selector".

This might help you to understand more about Element Selectors Used in the Visual Experience Composer

Thanks,

Gauresh.

I hate it how target not just warns, but stops you from chaching any selector you like. Dynamic content ...

Level 1
The link you include here is getting redirected to the AEL home page. Is there another resource you could recommend?