Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

A4T reporting when Archiving a Target Activty

Level 3

Hi community!

Just wanted to ask a question about A4T. When you archive an Adobe Target activity - does it remove all the historical reporting for workspaces created in Adobe Analytics when the experiment was setup using A4T?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@nzchris,

I would have expected the data to persist in Analytics not sure why it has zeroed out for you. Send us an email clientcare@adobe.com with the details and lets look into it further.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | 1 (800) 497-0335

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

Hi Christopher,

Historical Data will be Available even if you delete the Activity, so it will available when you Archive the Activity.

Thanks,

Charles

Level 3

Hey Charles, I'm not sure this applies when using A4T and then creating an Analysis Workspace for the Target Activity. I just tried archiving an old campaign and then all the Analytics information zero'd out

christopherc398_0-1592284591873.png

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@nzchris,

I would have expected the data to persist in Analytics not sure why it has zeroed out for you. Send us an email clientcare@adobe.com with the details and lets look into it further.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | 1 (800) 497-0335

Community Advisor

Even after archiving an Activity, historical data must show up in Adobe Analytics - since the metrics are all captured and processed in Adobe Analytics report suite earlier.

Level 3

Hello, I have also found that the data zeros out after an activity is no longer live, no matter the state.

However, the data does not disappear, it simply moves, much like if you were to change the name of an activity. See the difference below - 3&4 were where the data showed up while the activity was live and some time after it ended, it moved into 1&2 with the new "(deactivated)" name.

A4T Example.png

 To make my dashboards more shelf stable, I've started using filters and segments for the experiences rather than pulling in the actual activity if that helps/makes sense.