Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

A/B Server side API response

Level 2

I have an adobe target test setup with one mbox and three experiences A,B and C, the split between the experience is 34%,33% and 33%. I have different values for each experience in the mbox. 
I am testing the adobe target api and I am using this endpoint POST rest/v2/batchmbox?, I am passing our clientid and a guid for sessionid.
Issue is that I get the same Experience back each time never any of the other two even though the traffic split is even. Is there some caching on this api?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @pchard 

Are you passing the same guid for sessionID every request, can you please try an alternative guid and see if you receive a different experience? 

Thanks

Joshua

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @pchard 

Are you passing the same guid for sessionID every request, can you please try an alternative guid and see if you receive a different experience? 

Thanks

Joshua

Level 2

I have tried using a different guid for sessionid as I suspected it might be this but I still get back the same experience.
I am testing the API using postman. Should a new sessionId always return a random experience (assuming a 33% split between the 3 experiences)?
How does this work exactly behind the scenes?

Level 2

@pchard, no a new sessionId doesn't always return a random experience. The 'stickiness' of an experience depends on the tntId being persistent. A sessionId typically expires after 30 minutes, in which a new sessionId should be created. Documentation here! http://developers.adobetarget.com/api/delivery-api/#operation/execute