Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using 3rdPartyID for AAM matching as URL param

Level 2

We have a hashed ID for our customers that we know lives in our AAM audiences. We would like to pass that ID as a URL parameter (we're using a non-js implementation in email) to Target to match that customer into the AAM audiences we can access within Target.

Can this be done?

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

leen65049853​,

Yes and you can actually target to URL parameters directly from Target no need to even involve AEM. See attached screen-shot of a Target native audience targeting based on URL contains below.

If this satisfies your query please like, mark as helpful and mark as answer. Otherwise lets keep the conversation going. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Screen-shot showing Target audience targeting URL contains:1_audience_targetting_URL.png

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 2

Thanks, @mikewebguy

We're doing that today. I'm actually looking to see if I can leverage the AAM audiences available in Target without relying on cookies.

Since we know everyone we're emailing and we have the hashed ID in both Campaign and as an ID in our AAM audiences, can I pass that hashed ID in the Target url call to match into an audience and thus, serve the correct experience.