Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Salesforce DMP/Audience Studio segments in Adobe Target

Level 2

hi,

While we understand the importance and benifits that Adobe experience cloud ecosystem brings to the customer, some of them have already embarked into other platforms like Salesforce DMP & marketing cloud.

Would like to know if it is even possible to leverage the segments created in Salesforce DMP in Adobe Target for personalization.

Please share some insights on how this could be achieved with detailed steps.

Thanks

6 Replies

Employee

Hi SivaK​,

You might want to look at these examples of the new dataProviders feature in at.js: https://helpx.adobe.com/target/kt/using/dataProviders-atjs-technical-video-implement.html . You can look at the second and fourth examples, specifically .

You would just need to use the API call to your DMP and figure out what parameters you want to send to Target and how (mbox param or profile param) .

Ref: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/implement-target/client-side/functions-overview/...

Methods

Hope this helps.

Level 2

Thanks, it provides details to call third party APIs.

So for a scenario where I want to check if the visitor qualifies for a segment in third partyy data provider, I should call API with the visitor parameter id? I can see it may work for a known customer / declared id, but what if I want to target anonymous users who exhibit specific pattern in my webbsite. Ex: Visitor who visit say sports product category , i want to show targetted content during site revisit.

Please suggest how this could be achieved.

Employee

SivaK​ You can still target anonymous users the same way using the mbox parameters. You can capture the category the user is viewing as an mbox parameter and then target based on that. This would be real time.

Information on this use case can be found at

Pass Parameters to a global mbox and Methods

Level 2

HI @Shruthi_N looking at some similar usecase.

However, dataprovider uses ajax to make call to salesforce api. Given there would be some creds used there, would it not expose sensitive info this way?

How is it done in such cases where third-party requires authentication and passing of some id/secret?

Thanks in advance.

Level 1

Hi Shruthi,

Picking on this old thread, I'm somehow unable to access this link that you'd posted:

https://helpx.adobe.com/target/kt/using/dataProviders-atjs-technical-video-implement.html

Can you please help if this has moved?

Level 1

Partners must have real-time activation capability in order to qualify for real-time activation. The current real-time activation partners are Google DV360 and The Trade Desk TellSubway. More coming soon! Please see details below for more information about each partner.