Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Link to Recording Added! [ADOBE TARGET BASICS WEBINAR] Part 1: 7/19/18, Best Practices within the Adobe Target UI

Administrator

Check out the recording of the VERY FIRST installment of our Adobe Target Basics webinar series:

LINK TO RECORDING:

Best Practices within the Adobe Target UI

Date: THURSDAY, July 19th, 2018

Time: 8am - 9am PST

Join Adobe expert & all-star Adobe Target Community contributor, Ryan Roberts, as he guides attendees through the Adobe Target UI and the steps you can take to - design a solid test, build audiences, uncover the value of A4T (Analytics for Target), determine when to use the Visual Experience Composer versus the form-based composer, and even decide whether or not to apply automation to your optimization endeavors in Target.

Attended the webinar and have follow up questions? Post them below before you forget! We'll make sure you get your answers.

Ryan Roberts

Ryan Roberts Senior Consultant, Adobe

Ryan runs pre-sales proof-of-concept engagements for clients across North America as an implementation and testing expert who helps clients verify how Adobe Target can meet their requirements and boost their digital marketing optimization efforts.

6 Replies

Level 3

Amelia-

Per the webinar Q+A yesterday...

Apparently custom code renders at the top of page or even in header. Doing it in-line will apply the text, html, or code changes where you make them. How do you actually determine when to use in-line vs. custom code? What is potential impact of change rendering at top of page vs. where you make them?

Thanks!
Lauren

Administrator

From Ryan Roberts:

I generally try to stick with the "in-line" type modification when possible. However, I find the custom code can sometimes be necessary or easier in some case - though there isn't a hard and fast rule that I'm aware of. Here are some example use cases I use custom code for:

1. If I want to make a custom CSS change to an element (beyond the typical modification) like the background image reference.
  2. When I want to make changes to an element that exists many times on the page or even a dynamic number of times. Doing the change one time with custom code can be much easier then visual modification repeated over an over for the same element.
  3. Changing the functionality of an element on the page.

Level 1

Amelia-

Would you please add a link to yesterday's webinar recording?

Thanks!
Christine

Level 1

Hi,

The link in the posting above is not the full webinar. Can someone please upload the full version?

Administrator

Hi James! The link captures one hour of webinar content, the full length of the webinar. Is your browser not loading the full video?