Experience B (Redirect) - Include Current Query Parameters Unchecked:

www.example.com/state?Product=BBB

URL Used:

www.example.com/national?Product=AAA&campaign=brandedtx

Expected:

Actual Result:

This works as expected. The page changed from "national" to "state" and the parameter value changed from "AAA" to "BBB"

Example 2:

Experience A:

www.example.com/national?Product=AAA

Experience B (Redirect) - Include Current Query Parameters Checked:

URL Used:

www.example.com/national?Product=AAA&campaign=brandedtx

Expected:

www.example.com/state?Product=BBB&Product=AAA&campaign=brandedtx

Actual Result:

www.example.com/state?Product=AAA&campaign=brandedtx

This DOESN'T works as expected. The page changed from "national" to "state" but the parameter value DIDN'T change from to "BBB"

Ali

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

alim92960278​,

Here is how the option is currently designed to work:

Option1: Include Current Querry Parameters: Unchecked.

Result: URL1 is redirected to URL2. If URL1 had any URL parameters they are ignored.

Option2: Include Current Querry Parameters: Checked.

Result: URL1 is redirected to URL2. If URL1 had any URL parameters they are preserved.

I believe what you area looking for is a third option which does not yet exist perhaps something like this:

Option3: Merge Current Querry Parameters with final Destination Parameters: Checked.

Result: This imagined feature woudl merge the URL parameters from URL1 and URL2.

I like the idea and want to support you by voting on it so I have submitted it as a feature request here:A4T Redirect option to Merge URL1 querry params with URL2 querry params lease vote it up so that it can get more visibility.

Hope this helps!

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 5

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not looking for a third option; I'm looking for Option 2 to work as you described:

if you look at my Example 2 where I checked "Include Current Query Parameters" it is redirecting to the correct page but not the correct parameter value:

Experience A:

www.example.com/national?Product=AAA

Experience B (Redirect) - Include Current Query Parameters Checked:

Expected:

www.example.com/state?Product=BBB&Product=AAA&campaign=brandedtx

Actual Result:

www.example.com/state?Product=AAA&campaign=brandedtx

Employee Advisor

alim92960278​,

If you are a supported user please open a ticket with Target ClientCare team by emailing: ttclientcare@adobe.com otherwise have one of your org's supported user do that so that we can take a look at the actual example in more depth. Additionally we are also available via phone at 18004970335 x3

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335