Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

XML to PDF (and Vice Versa) Conversion on WebSphere 6.0

Former Community Member
We have a web based questionnaire (survey form). This web application has two tabs (simplied scenario). One tabs takes the input from the user (Questions and Answers). The second tab shows the same Questions (and user filled answers)in a read only PDF file embedded in the browser.

In the prototype, we created a XML file out of the first html page and used XPAAJ.jar APIs to convert this to PDF and render it on the second tab on the browser. Since adobe no longer supports XPAAJ, we plan to migrate to Life Cycle ES SDK. Our web application runs on WebSphere 6.0. I have two questions:

1. Does LifeCycle ES support WebSphere 6.0 ? Is Yes, then where can I get a trial version to prototype the solution. If No, then what is the alternative solution on WebSphere 6.0.We CANNOT upgrade to WebSphere 6.1.

2. Please provide a link to a url that provides sample code/How Tos on using the APIs for XML to PDF conversion using LifeCycle ES.

thanks

SK
0 Replies