Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

XML Schema

Level 2
I'm trying to add a dataconnection to XFA, but I receive following error (copy from msg box):

---------------------------

Adobe LiveCycle Designer

The schema described by the selected root element cannot be read

as the number of resolved schema nodes exceeds the supported limit.

Please select a different root element or modify your XML Schema

to decrease the schema size.

OK

So my questions are: Any ideas? Are limits somewhere defined?

Thanks for any help.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
The limit is 100K nodes (as we see them) not neccessarily 100K nodes in the schema. See the explanation below:

The node limit applies to the total resolved number of nodes - not the number of definitions in the schema. For example, a schema might define element "X" and an attribute group which defines 10 attributes. The schema might also have 20 other elements which have "X" as a child and also include that attribute group. This would result in the "X" element creating 20 nodes and the attribute group creating 200 nodes (10 attrs x 20 refs). This means the 100000 limit is relatively easily reached for a schema described by what might look like a small XSD.

Hope that helps

Level 2
Is there a possibility to "avoid" this problem?

Former Community Member
Not without reworking the schema or selecting a different node to be your root node (assuming you only need part of the schema).