Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Workspace Form Not being Rendered with Updated Data from previous level

Former Community Member
Hi

I have a process in wherein a reader extended PDF form is filled and kept in the watch folder.

Then the PDF is picked up and a two level approval process starts in Workspace.

The initial step in my process takes the PDF document and extracts the XML data ("processFormSubmuission")

Then I have an "Assign Task" where I have an xfaForm variable (lev1form) as input, where I use Sample Forms/ RenderPDFForm to render the PDF form in Workspace.

I have also configured the Submit service using sample forms / submit PDF form.

At the initial level the form is populated correctly in Workspace

But if the user edits the form and passes it on to the next level of approval,

the edited data is not displayed to the next user It show the same old watch folder submitted data.

How do I reflect the changes? Can I update the xml file somehow upon submission at first level?

I also tried using a different xfaForm variable (lev2form) configured using default render service. As output of the first assign task.

But it does not work this way too..

Please help me how I should go about now..

Thanks..
6 Replies

Former Community Member
You shouldn't need a Submit service for your user steps. Simply let it default and it will handle the inbound submission for you. Ensure that you have setup the form to submit XDP data and that the output form data in the user task's Form Data Mappings is also an xfaForm variable (you can reuse the same one if you would like). From there use the output xfaForm variable as input to the 3rd step.

Former Community Member
Thanks, I unchecked the Enable Submit Service option. But it still works the same way. The second user doesn't see the updated form. I tried reusing the same xfaForm variable as well as a new xfaForm variable.. both give the same unwanted result..

About "setup the form to submit XDP data", I am using Process Fields in my form, So I do not have any Submit Button on the form. the pdf file is manually pasted in the Watch Folder as of now.

Besides, the xfaForm variables are bound to a PDF (Template URL). I tried using XDP but then the reader extensions do not work.

Former Community Member
So I am thinking of a different approach

1) extract xml from the pdf (in watch folder)

2) convert it to xml

<b>3)convert the xml to xfaForm </b>

4) use this xfaForm as input to the assign task

But I am stumped about ho0w to implement step 3

I thought I could use Forms->RenderPDFForm

But I don't know how to configure the URL Options..

The process gets stalled at this point.

Former Community Member
When you extract the data from the form it is already XML.....or it should be. I do not use ProcessFormSubmission .... there is an easier way - under Common/Form Data Integration there is an Export Data service that will take your form as input and create a document that contains your data as output. You can then use a setValue to change the doc object into an xml object (doc object on right, xml object on left). Once it is xml you will need to see what the format is so either write it out or dump it to the log. Ultimately you want to get down to the forms root node and set that and all of its children to the xfaForm variable. The xfaForm variable is a complex object that has multiple nodes beneath it. Use a setValue service to put the xml you extracted into the xfaForm Var. In the XPath editor you can expand it out and put the xml data under this node:

xfaFormVar/object/data/xdp/datasets/data

Now your xfaForm var is ready to go

Former Community Member
Email me your process mergeandfuse@gmail.com,will fix your problem

Former Community Member
Hi Paul Guerette..

That was simple. Worked great.. Thanks a lot.