Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Way to detect that Submit didn't finish ?

Former Community Member
I have a form that uses the "hidden submit button" technique. Whereas, the visible Submit button is a regular button that performs some addt'l validation before exec'ing the click event on a real, hidden submit button.

What I would like to do is to disable the visible submit button in it's click event to keep the user from inadvertently pressing it again while the POST is in progress. I can do that easy enough but what I also need to do is re-enable it if the regular submit button interrupts the submit operation due to a validation failure (e.g. required field empty, etc.) That's where the complication comes in at in that I haven't found a way to detect a submission interruption.

Anyone successfully done anything similar ?

Thanks
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Hi Rob,

Even i have the same requirement, i tried with the checking in if condition whether the submit event returns true or false depending on the mandatory fields filled or not but it did not work i think so it returns something and i am not able to figure wat would be the return type on completion of successful event.

let me know if u had solved it

Regards,

Sangeetha