Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Watch Folder End Point Problem

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm currently evaluating LiveCycle ES and having problems with watched folder end point.

I use the Sample - Barcoded Forms: RouteOnDataEntry process and have added and configured the watched folder end point for the process.

When I copy the RouteOnDataEntry PDF form to input folder, it manage to pick up the file, but the PDF is moved to failure folder. Here is the information I get from the failure.log:

--------

Failure Time----Wed Aug 15 17:30:16 PDT 2007

source location ---- Reason of failure is-----Failure to invoke the job RouteOnDataEntry

Failure to invoke the job RouteOnDataEntry

Invocation error.

javax.jms.JMSException: Could not create a session: javax.resource.spi.CommException: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: XAConnectionFactory

Could not create a session: javax.resource.spi.CommException: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: XAConnectionFactory

ALC-DSC-600-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.impl.SchedulerRuntimeException: Failure to invoke the job RouteOnDataEntry

--------

I check the jboss server log file and see a lot exception regarding javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: XAConnectionFactory.

Please advise what is the cause and how to solve this problem.

Thanks

Fadly
33 Replies

Level 10
Did you do a "turn key" install or a manual install?

Jasmin

Level 10
Can you post the configuration setting for your endpoint?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
I am also seeing a similar error, when I open the JBoss log file, every 5-10 seconds, it is being updated with the following error:

2007-09-04 00:00:23,609 INFO [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Trying to reconnect to JMS provider

2007-09-04 00:00:23,609 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Reconnect failed: JMS provider failure detected:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: XAConnectionFactory

at org.jboss.ha.jndi.TreeHead.lookup(TreeHead.java:223)

at org.jboss.ha.jndi.HAJNDI.lookup(HAJNDI.java:134)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor336.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.HARMIClient.invoke(HARMIClient.java:229)

at $Proxy264.lookup(Unknown Source)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:610)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:572)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler.createService(DLQHandler.java:151)

at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalCreate(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)

at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.create(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:173)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.innerStartDelivery(JMSContainerInvoker.java:605)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker$ExceptionListenerImpl.run(JMSContainerInvoker.java:1471)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595

Is there any settings I need to change that I am missing?. I did the turnkey install.

Cheers

Dion

Former Community Member
I had similar problem last week. In my case, on top of that JMS stack traces there were same database connection errors.

It turned out that the MySQL datasource ([LC dir]\jboss\server\all\deploy\mysql-ds.xml) was configured to use 'adobe' as both username and password. Changing it to 'root' and 'password' (recommended settings during turnkey installation) solved the problem.

It might sound funny but I've also noticed some JMS errors when the network cable is disconnected.

Former Community Member
i have installed livecycle 8.0.1 on a windows server 2003 with jboss in turnkey mode.

i have created a watchfolder for genereatepdfservice

every time i put a file in it , i have a failure.log containig the following text :

Failure Time----Sun Dec 10 16:42:26 CET 2006

source location ---- Reason of failure is-----Parameter: inputDocument is required.

Parameter: inputDocument is required.

ALC-DSC-002-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.RequiredParameterException: Parameter: inputDocument is required.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:116)

can somebody help me please

thanks

JPW

Former Community Member
Your process has an Input variable defined that needs to be passed the file from the Watched Folder end-point. Go back into your end-point definition, scroll to the bottom, and you should find the name of your variable. Place a "*" in the value and the file detected will be passed to your process.

Former Community Member
Just as a follow-up, if you need a detailed walk-through of this process, please feel free to take a look at this quick Adobe Captivate session: http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/barcodedformswatchedfolder/.

Former Community Member
thank you very much for the reply.it works

Former Community Member
good morning

I want to create a second watchfolder on my livecycle server (windows server 2003 and livecycle 8.0.1) which converts word files to pdf files but with different security settings.

But the security setting is configured at the service level , so i cant create the second watchfolder endpoint with the service GeneratePdfService.

So do i have to create a second generatepdfservice ? in this case what is the way to create such a service ?

thank for your response .

JPW

Former Community Member
Hi,

The easiest way to do this would be to create a short-lived process in Workbench. Just make a one-step process that wraps the GeneratePDFService call. Activate it and create a watch folder endpoint for this new service and set its security settings as desired.

This also allows you the flexibility to narrow the input parameters, do pre and post processing on the documents as process steps, etc.

Joe

Former Community Member
We have purchased a full copy of Reader Extensions 7.2.2 for Windows. We have installed successfully. Please help me how to use this Reader Extension through watch folder concept. Please advice me.

Maria

Former Community Member
You will need LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES (not 7.2.2) if you would like to use the built-in Watched Folder mechanism.

Former Community Member
We have LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES. Could you please help me how to use the built-in Watched Folder mechanism and also please provide any other Documentation available for this mechanism.

Former Community Member
Thanks for your help.

Could you please advice me the difference between LiveCycle Reader Extensions 7.2 and LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES.

Former Community Member
LC ES is the latest version of the product (think 8.0 in technical terms).

Former Community Member
Sorry, We have purchased only "LiveCycle Reader Extensions 7.2". Is there any way for free update this Reader Extensions 7.2.

Regards,

Maria

maria.prabudass@gmail.com

Former Community Member
I would recommend contacting your Account Manager.