Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Using Global overrides font style and size, but not color

Former Community Member
I am creating a template in Designer 8.0 (cs3 web premium). My desire was to create non-printing entry fields which propagated to several duplicate (global) fields which had different formatting (font type, size, color, paragraph style) from the entry fields. The display fields are read-only.

The problem is that even if I set up the display fields with the fonts, sizes, colors, etc. that I desire, when I go to preview PDF and type in a few test entries, the font type and size takes on the characteristics of the entry fields, not the settings I have set for them. All except for color and paragraph settings. The colors and paragraph settings stay the way I had set them up.

When I got back to design view, my display fields again take on the settings I originally desired.

Is there any way to make the entry field to just push the entry text to the display fields and not the entry font type and size? Also, is there a way to keep the entry fields from printing?
0 Replies