Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using Adobe LiveCycle Designer with ASP.NET to populate PDF Forms from Server Database.

Level 8

[Thread Edited By Adobe]

/*Don’t forget to meet and greet your fellow peers virtually by telling them about yourself here

Go ahead and to it now: https://adobe.ly/3eDnB4v */

Actual Question:

With Google, I did a very very long search on how to use Adobe LiveCycle Designer to design Interactive/Dynamic Forms, and publish them to the IIS Server and use ASP.NET to populate such forms with field values from back-end Database such as SQL Server.

We are designing and implementing Electronic Forms ASP.NET Application that must detect the user currently logged in to the Windows Intranet (under IIS), and should perform a Look-up to the Back-End Database to extract the User Related Data and Populate the Form Fields to start the Form Processing.

We have the following facts:

1. The forms will be designed using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1.

2. We will NOT use Adobe LiveCycle Forms since it is not on our budget yet.

3. The users will have the required Adobe Acrobat version on the Client PC.

In a typical scenario, the user would go through these steps:

1. The user logs on to the Intranet using his Windows Login ID and Password. Then he starts the APS.NET Application for Forms Processing.

2. He will request a form to fill. The form may be populated with sensitive information such as Salary and only the requesting user must be able to see his Salary on any form.

3. On the server side, the system will use the User Windows ID to perform a query against the Back-End Database and generate the required XML Data.

4. The system must then link/merge the generated XML Data with the requested form and render (post) the form back to the user for further printing and/or submitting via email.

That's it !

I found an add-in product "Adobe LiveCycle® Designer add-in for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET" but it only wraps XPD forms in Visual Studio Component which is not of a great help to my requirements.

If any one could give me any hint on how to implement such requirements.

I truly appreciate any help.

Tarek.

275 Replies

Level 1

Thanks @tarekahf For your response, Actually i trying with some code to  fetching form fields  and based on form fields fill the document with database values, with out using any external tools, Actual problem is for some other documents it(code) return's the fields random manner and id's not with proper names.

Please check Inbox.

Level 8

Based on the code samples you sent, it seems you are working with Acrobat SDK, I am not 100% sure. I didn't work with the APIs you are using, or I cannot remember the details.

If the samples I provided you earlier didn't work for you since you want to build desktop application, then try samples in the folder below:

Upload Adove LiveCycle Forms Data using .NET Desktop Application - Google Drive

I cannot find out what is wrong with your code, since I need to spend a lot of time analyzing it. Please check my samples and some of the documentation I provided, and try to start based on my samples, then I will be able to help.

Tarek

Level 1

Unlock PDF form automation using Adobe LiveCycle Designer & ASP.NET. Seamlessly populate forms from server database, enhancing data collection & efficiency. Validate your expertise with Adobe certification. Transform processes & elevate data integration skills.