Expand my Community achievements bar.

Use AcroJS in LiveCycle Designer

Former Community Member
Hi all,

This is my first post and i am totally new to creating pdf forms.

I am using LiveCycle Designer 7.1 to create forms. I want to embed lot of javascript in the form. As per my understanding i need to use AcroJS. But it does not work as it is in the LiveCycle Designer 7.1. I got one doc (Converting Acrobat® JavaScript for Use in

LiveCycle Designer Forms) which tells necessary changes one has to make to acroJS to use in LiveCycle Designer.

Problem is most of the features of acroJS are not available in the LiveCycle Designer. What should i do ? Is there any other tool using which i create forms and embed the Javascript in the form. Or i have to use LiveCycle Designer to create forms. Please advice. Thanks in advance

Ramdas.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Ramdas_Sawant@adobeforums.com wrote:

> Hi all,

> This is my first post and i am totally new to creating pdf forms.

> I am using LiveCycle Designer 7.1 to create forms. I want to embed lot of javascript in the form. As per my understanding i need to use AcroJS. But it does not work as it is in the LiveCycle Designer 7.1. I got one doc (Converting Acrobat® JavaScript for Use in

> LiveCycle Designer Forms) which tells necessary changes one has to make to acroJS to use in LiveCycle Designer.

> Problem is most of the features of acroJS are not available in the LiveCycle Designer. What should i do ? Is there any other tool using which i create forms and embed the Javascript in the form. Or i have to use LiveCycle Designer to create forms. Please advice. Thanks in advance

>

> Ramdas.

Ramdas,

You can actually use Acrobat Javascript within a designer form. The

key to being able to do this is accessing the 'document' object. You

can do this with:

var myDoc = event.target;

The 'myDoc' variable will be the Document object within the Acrobat

Javascript model.

One other recommendation...you'll get more responses to your

Designer/Javascript questions in the Designer forum rather than this

one. This forum is for the LiveCycle Forms, which is an enterprise

server product (although the name is somewhat confusing).

Justin Klei

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com