Expand my Community achievements bar.

Use a mapped drive as a watched folder

Former Community Member
Hi,

I've mapped a shared folder on server A to a drive on server B. Server B is the server that runs LiveCycle. Now I want to configure a watched folder for a process I created using LiveCycle Workbench. I want to configure the watched folder for server B to point the mapped drive, but when I do this I get the message: Invalid path.

In the logs I found the following lines:

2008-02-27 12:39:12,680 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] RuntimeException in method: public abstract java.lang.Object com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterLocal.doSupports(com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.TransactionDefinition,com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.TransactionCallback) throws com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCException:

ALC-FEP-029-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.service.file.impl.FileProviderRuntimeException: Invalid path.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.service.file.impl.FilePathBuilder.makeDirectoryPath(FilePathBuilder.java:245)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.service.file.impl.FilePathBuilder.makeDirectoryPath(FilePathBuilder.java:221)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.impl.FileEndpointValidator.validateURL(FileEndpointValidator.java:62)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.impl.FileEndpointValidator.validateEndpoint(FileEndpointValidator.java:43)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.impl.FileEndpointManagerImpl.onEndpointCreation(FileEndpointManagerImpl.java:158)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.impl.FileConnector.onEndpointCreate(FileConnector.java:47)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

It looks like you can only use local directories on the server as a watched folder for LiveCycle, but not mapped drives. I also tried UNC paths, but those also didn't seems to work as I then got the message: Failure to create a directory \\nsdl1dm2\VM45_TST\out\bel_full_no_var.

Is this just not supported or could this be related to security problems where the user for which LiveCycle was installed doesn't have access?

regards,

Jan Eerdekens
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Made some progress with this problem. We investigated the security part a bit further and changed the user that is used to start the JBoss service. Now we're able to use UNC paths that are accessible by the same user that starts the JBoss service. So UNC works, but mapped drives not.

Level 4
Jan:

This article from Microsoft will provide more details on your issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/180362/en-us

Former Community Member
Hi Jayan,

Thank you for the link, that made things a lot clearer.