Expand my Community achievements bar.

Upload / Attach File in form

Former Community Member
I'm new to the LiveCycle Designer, so please bare with me.

I need to design a form that will allow a user to link/attach files. When the user submits the form we would like the form to link to the documents like a hyperlink.

Please help the newbie.
284 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

I am new in Adobe LiveCycle ES. I am facing some similar kind of problem in attaching a file. Like Karento (Posted on 10:16pm Jun 22, 08 PST), I also need a button, on clicking of which a dialog box opens from where I can attach a file. First of all, can this kind of form be generated using Adobe LiveCycle Designer or Adobe LiveCycle WorkBench? If yes, then how?

It will be really helpful if u share the piece of code that solved the problem. My email id is arnab.das.engg@gmail.com

Thanks,

Arnab

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

Thank u very much for the quick reply. I believe my installation of Adobe LiveCycle is not proper. I will definitely get back to u once the problem is solved.

Thanks once again.

Arnab

Former Community Member
hi,i have a similar this,could you send me a sample a email,my email:backupbackup@tom.com

Former Community Member
I have adobe reader 8.0 on my machine.I want to attach ajpeg file with the pdf.

I go to tool and click customize toolbar and tick the atttach a file option.but it says that document rights are not enabled.

Can anyone help me with the same asap.

Thanks

amitkishorecool@gmail.com

Former Community Member
Hi,

To be able to attach the file in Reader, you have to Reader Extend the form in Acrobat.

Former Community Member
Thanks.

sorry for the inconvinenece.but can you please step it out for me as I am not able to extend it.

regards

amit

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

I saw your post about the JavaScript code that will allow attachments in a pdf file. Could you please send me the code? Thanks.

patrickoneill82@yahoo.com

Patrick

Former Community Member
It is the script that will automate the attachments but you still have to have the rights to add attachments if you are using Reader.

I just sent it

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

could you send me the code that will allow attachments in a pdf file,and save the attachment to hard disk on server? Thanks.

backupbackup@tom.com

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,can you send me a sample code ,thanks very much!!

my email:backupbackup@tom.com

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

could you send me the code that will allow attachments in a pdf file,and save the attachment to hard disk on server? Thanks.

my email address: tempyhm@yahoo.com

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

Like everyone else, I would like to have a copy of your attachment code.

My email is gwilson@cccti.edu

Former Community Member
Hi Paul, can you send me the file too, thanks very much

my email:scottsheck@yahoo.com

Former Community Member
Hi Paul, <br />Can you please send the samples of the attachement methods. <br />My E-mail is <white153@empal.com><br /><br />And is that how to save file to pdf document such as Microsoft infopath?<br /><br />regards <br />Eunsung

Former Community Member
Hi!

Paul Guerette

It would be really great if you could also email me the javascript code (for attaching files) to the following email address (I need it very much):

manutd_85@mail.ru

Thanks,

Andrew

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

i saw you sent the code that attaches file and save attachment to harddisk,why i can't receive it? could you send it again to my email at tempyhm@yahoo.com or welldowell@sina.com?

many thinks

Charles

Former Community Member
Paul,

I would appreciate a copy of this code as well!

Prakash

Former Community Member
Hello Paul,

I would really appreciate if you could also email me the attaching files code to following address.

jyn1018@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot.

Jae.