Expand my Community achievements bar.

Upload / Attach File in form

Former Community Member
I'm new to the LiveCycle Designer, so please bare with me.

I need to design a form that will allow a user to link/attach files. When the user submits the form we would like the form to link to the documents like a hyperlink.

Please help the newbie.
284 Replies

Former Community Member
Could I please have a copy as well? klipfer_james@bah.com

Thanks.

Employee Advisor

I have posted the form which allows you to add/view/delete attachments added using javascript on my blog. Here  is the link

http://eslifeline.wordpress.com/2009/04/06/adding-attachments-to-pdf-form/

thanks

mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Former Community Member

This attachment is also not working in Acrobat 9 and not in anyway with acrobat reader.  Is there any other option to allow security?

Paul, as I hit ctrl j it gave me the error "Not allowed error security".  One more thing, when this form saved locally the buttons work, but when distributed the add button doesn't work.  any solution?  I have been trying this feature for so long.

Former Community Member

Do you got answers for your form any help will greatly appreciated....

Thanks

Former Community Member

It should work in Acrobat without issue but it must be Reader Extended using LiveCycle Reader Extensions server (not acrobat) to allow for adding attachments in Reader.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul and Everybody,

I am a user of  LC designer 8.2 and Acrobat Pro9

Like a lot of people here, i have created a button to upload a file when the client send me back the PDF.

Unfortunately it does not work with Reader. it seems that we need Reader extention to allow clients to attach files.

Could you please confirm that we really need Reader extention and tell me how to do it? is it a function to tick when you create the PDF?

thanks

Former Community Member

Yes you need Reader Extensions to allow an attachment to be added.

There are two implementations of Reader Extensions. 1) As part of Acrobat Pro - Under the Advanced menu there is an option to "Extend  Features in Adobe Reader". This will turn on the rights to allow Digital Signatures and saving data offline. It does not include the right to add attachments.

2) LiveCyle Reader Extensions Server - this is a server based product (part of the LiveCycle framework) that has all Reader Extensions capabilities. It comes with a web UI that will allow you to choose the rights the add to your particular PDF (this is a one time operation). Allow Attachments is one of the rights it exposes.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 8

I need to add a control on the PDF to ask for the following:

"Please click here [+] to provide supporting documents"

When the user will click on the button to provide supporting documents, I want prompt the user to attach only certain file types such as images and PDFs.

Once the File is attached, then I want to only give an option to Remove the Attachment.

Also, I want to prevent submitting the document unless all required supporting documents (attachments) have been provided (validation).

Please help me to implement this requirement ?

Tarek.