Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Updating form with server-side scripts

Former Community Member
Hi

For security reasons, we want to do a web service call with only server side scripts. That way we have full control over the access to the wsdl and no problems with the security.

However, if I try to run the scripts on server-side I get no update of the data in the form... so what to do to solve that problem? Anybody with experience from that?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
The responce from the webservice is given in the varible KundSvar

Return KundSvar

This can be used to populate fields.

ulf.a@dtp-tjanst.se

Former Community Member
Hmmm your answer indicates a code example but none is there...

After a bit more testing and researching, it seems to be a more complex problem then I first thought and having nothing to do with the designer / xdp file. I'll have to try and see if it is possible to go around the problem in some way, it works well to a directly accessible WSDL but when I go through a secure tunnel, it only works with a client script. We suspect it might have something to do with Form Server on Websphere but nothing for sure.

Former Community Member
To make a small update I've been messing around with various different things to be able to achieve the goal. One of the initial problems was that the Designer actually manages to create two different SOAP addresses, one of them is the correct and secure way and the other one is direct to the data source, which would be an unsecure and blocked route. That changed things a bit when I realized that.

But still, the problem remains. If I run the script Client-Side, it works but is not an acceptable solution. If I run it Server-Side, it can't read the data and doesn't recognize the call to SOAP.connect()...

Does anybody have any experience in webb service connection with server side scripts?