Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Unwanted changes for numeric formatting

Level 4

Sir i use this script in ready form event of a Numeric field and its working fine for Ghost test

but numeric field format change from   num{$ z,zz,zz9.99}   to  num{z,zz,zz9}

plz help

this.execEvent("exit");

this.format.picture.value = "null{'" + this.assist.toolTip.value + "'}";

source of script

http://adobelivecycledesignercookbookbybr001.blogspot.com/2013/05/problem-ghost-text-is-common-way-o...

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi there,

There could be other reasons for this not to work... but I think I know why it behaves like this...

technically if you want to have a num format along with a null format you'd have to assign both formats...

if your format initially look like this:

num{$ z,zzz,zz9.99} and you'd like to add the null format on any event you'd have to add the format along with the num format to ensure not losing any of those...

To have a numeric format along with a null format, you'd have to get it to look like this:

So you could make it look something like the following :

If you assign only null format, it will remove the num format... and vice versa. Always make sure to keep all the formats concatenated with a vertical bar to separate the different formats.

I hope it helps.