Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

UK Euro spell check problem

Former Community Member
Using 8.05 and noticed that each time I create a form I get an 'info' balloon on the page (subform content area) saying 'spell checking does not support this locale'

If I change the Form > Properties > Defalt Form Locale from English (UK Euro) to English (UK) the error goes away.

Why would this be? - I would have thought that, except for the Euro currency symbol being used instead of the old Pound sign, both used the same basic UK English dictionary.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Anne

We have the same problem in Australia and the LC Designer team were kind enough to build in a workaround. This should also work for you. Check out my blog post;

http://www.markszulc.com/blog/2007/11/14/australian-spell-check-in-adobe-livecycle-designer/

regards

Mark

Former Community Member
Mark, thank you so much for that info - with LC often it is the 'small things' that prevent the user moving forward, so the more handy hints like this the better!

Your site is great by the way.

Anne