Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Trouble flowing objects from one page to the next

Former Community Member
I've created a dynamic form with LiveCycle ES version 8.2. The form has two pages.

Page 1) Contains three sub-forms which fills all of the pages content area.

Page 2) Contains one sub-form at the top of the page that fills less than

1/4 of the pages content area.

Problem:

As data is entered and the form expands, the sub-form at the bottom of page one moves to the top of page two (this is good), the sub-form at the top of page two moves to the top of a new page three (this is bad).

Question:

How do I get the sub-form at the top of page two to stay on page two and just move down on the

page as needed to accommodate the overflow objects from page one? Why is it jumping to a page three?

Would appreciate any help I can get on this. I'm not sure what function controls this so I don't know where to start looking for the answer.

If anyone has an answer, please do me a favor and dumb it way down. I'm new at creating dynamic forms and a lot of this stuff is hard for me to understand. Will provide additional info if needed.

Kurt
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Is the subform on page 2 a flowed or positioned subform?

If it is positioned, highlight it in the hierarchy view. Make sure the boundaries of the subform do not take the entire page.

Former Community Member
Paul,

Thanks for responding!

The subform on page 2 is positioned.

The subform boundaries are set to width 7" and height "auto-fit" which takes up about 1/4 of the page.

Could page breaks have something to do with this?

Former Community Member
It is easier if I can see what you have done...can you send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com

Former Community Member
Paul,

I e-mailed a copy of the form to the referenced address.

Thanks for your help!

Kurt