Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tabbing Order Within AddInstance Subforms

Former Community Member
My issue is that when I add an instance of a subform, the tabbing order follows the original tab order specified for the form and doesn't include the newly added fields. The form I'm making has 4 fillable fields. The original fields tab fine, when I add an instance the tab order skips over the added fields. When I bring up the Adobe Purchase Order sample the added instances are included in the tab order but I can see no difference between the sample and my form. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
3 Replies

Level 6
I don't know of a workaround for this. It was a bug that I reported several versions ago. Odd that it hasn't been addressed. All but the first instance of a subform get the default top-left to bottom-right tabbing order. The purchase order sample is no exception.

Former Community Member
I finally realized that they simply never set a tabbing order for the sample form. This would work for what I'm trying to do (default tabbing). Is there a way to reset the tabbing to the default or would I need to rebuild the entire form to accomplish this? The way it is now, the user would fill the first line without problem and then hit tab and get taken back to the first field in the form; quite a problem considering my table is on page 6.

Thanks,

Dave

Level 6
I couldn't find a way to reset the tabbing order to default using the GUI. You could edit the XFT source directly to remove the <traversal> tags from all fields. That would effectively set all tabbing to default.