Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Tab Order in LiveCycle

Former Community Member
When viewing the tab order, it all looks like it is in order; however, when previewing and doing the actual tabbing, it is not in order. Any suggestions?
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Paula,

It would be helpful to get a more clear picture of your form. Can you explain if you have subforms?

Do you have the items listed, within the hierachy of the form, in the Tab Order you want them Tabbed through?

Can you explain how the tabs are currently working?

Thanks

Pam

Former Community Member
As you can see, I'm new to LiveCycle Forms. I didn't think the form I was working on was a subform, but I'm assuming it is a default when you open up the form to be edited???? What I did was I got a pdf form that wasn't fillable and I'm putting in the fields so that we can fill it.

I started over just so that I could get the forms in the right order. I see the Hierarchy view; is that an easier way to put them (the fields) in the correct tab order?

What happened before is when I went to tab view, I numbered the fields in order as the "help section" indicated. All the numbered tabe were in order. After getting out of tab view and back to the design view, I opened the pdf preview an started tabbing. Tab 6 that should have come after Tab 5 wasn't tabbing in that order; does that make sense?

Anyway, I just started over, but that has also happened in the past. Was just looking for an easy way to fix that. Thanx!

Paula

Former Community Member
Paula,

I personally find the Hierarchy view easier to understand what my form layout consists of rather than looking at the workspace layout.

In the no so distant past, I had problems with the Tab numbering feature. In my research from the LiveCycleDesigner forums it was suggested to order the objects within the hierarchy in the order of your tab setting. Then renumber them using the directions within Help. Like you, I decided to create a new form and organized the hierarchy.

Here is the link I am referring to:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bc2e7fa

Hope this helps.

Pam

Former Community Member
I have set up the tab order on a form. For some reason, when I try

tabbing through the form, it does not follow the order I set. In some

cases it seems to simply skip fields altogether. I've checked the

format and properties of the skipped fields (in truth they are just

tabbing out of order) and there is not difference between them and the

fields around them.

When I go back in to the Tab Order view, everything looks fine. The

numerical sequence flows through the form as assigned, no numbers

missing.

Does this have to do with the hierarchy or structure? From reading above it sounds like it does. This form was not created from scratch but is a Word Form imported into Live Cycle. Can I still manipulated the hierarchy? Is there a way for me to attach the file to a post here? I figure that would make it easier to solve the issue.

Thank you.

Former Community Member
Here is a link that helped me with the same problem. Scroll down to a message from Felicita Curran; her solution worked for me!

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bc2e7fa

Former Community Member
It does work. She forgot to mention that you reopen the file in Acrobat (as opposed to Live Cycle) to get the Adavance Menu option.

Thanks Paula. My boss will be thrilled. I'll have him cut you check. :)