Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Submit button - "Unknown Error" message in acrobat

Former Community Member
I have created a fairly large form. The submit button works in designer PDF preview, but if I open the form in acrobat and press the submit button it pops up a dialogue that says "Unknown Error" and the address I am sending the XML to.

This still happens if I change the button to XML, XDP, url-enc.. etc..

I have tried making a new form (ie. small amount data to send) with the same result.

What really gets me is that the last form I made (last week) worked fine.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?
2 Replies

Former Community Member
What submit method are you using? Are you attempting to send an XML file as an email attachment with the standard Submit button scripting?

Former Community Member
I have figured this out.. kind of.

It was an XML over HTTP submit button and I was returning a php generated XML output of the posted data (so I could see it) - this works fine in LiveCycle preview, and in a web browser (acro activex), but not in Acrobat reader/pro as it's not a web browser and doesn't understand how to render the HTML/XML

This does lead me to the next question, whihc I will post seperatley as "XML submit URL response/return in acrobat"