Expand my Community achievements bar.

submit back to form server

Former Community Member
hi everybody,

i'm approaching the forms api and can't find any examples of how to work a form of line and send it back to the form server, so that data can be pasrsed and written in a db or xml file (user based -- i've already got the authentication routine working --> servlet no form manager).

does anybody has a clue?

thanks,

valerio
4 Replies

Former Community Member
I'm not sure what you asking for... how to get the XML to work with after the submission?

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
hi chris,

thx for replying and sry for having been unclear.

i have a form, that i developed with lc designer. and server side i have the forms. here i got several servlets running. for example i let my form get enabled by the ARES so that the user can save it and work off line. once he filled the form i would like the use to be able to submit it to the form server again.

my question is: should i build a submit button in my form and provide a url to a servlet, that sends it to the forms again, or there is another way to do it. and again i did ask, if there is a tutorial where's such a functionality.

hope i could make it clear, if not i'll try again ;-)

valerio

Former Community Member
Gotcha. Yes, you would put a submit button on the form, but leave the URL for it blank. In your renderForm() method call, one of the parameters is the target URL. Pass in the URL that you would the submit button to submit to, and form will take care of the rest.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
I think this is something I need help with as well.

I have a pdf file of a timesheet that my boss wants to put on a server. His idea is to have users in my office access this file and be able to enter their start and ending times, their names, date, etc. Sounds pretty simple; I can do that. But, we have restrictions on all the computers in my office, so his idea is that they would type in their info and save it, thereby opening it again on the next day and have the previous days info already in.

I am very new at this. ( I didn't even know I had LC Designer until today) Any help would be appreciated.