Expand my Community achievements bar.

Some Users getting old copy of form

Former Community Member
We have a new WF app that we are piloting. We use WF v. 5.0.

This app has three pages. The second page is an 'authorizations' page which several weeks ago I totally redesigned. Several of the people in our small pilot group are getting the old authorizations page. The rest of us are getting the new authorizations page.

Any idea of what could be causing this? Or what we can do? It is a major problem because when the old authorizations page comes up and the form is finalized, the data disappears.

Thanks in advance!! Mary
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Shouldn't you be on WF 6.12?

Delete the cache file in \Program Files\Adobe\Workflow Server\WebAccess\Web\Forms\Form Server\Forms\FormCache\MSDHTML\MSIE_v5? Are you using Form Server via HTML? or PDF?

Former Community Member
Hello Mary,

I agree with Peter... Maybe it's just a matter of CACHE...

If you're using MS Internet Explorer, try deleting the CACHE files (Tools>>Internet Options>>Temporary Internet Files>>Delete files...)

Yet, configure IE to look for a page every time it visits it... (Tools>>Internet Options>>Temporary Internet Files>>Settings...>>Every visit to the page...)

If it does not work, are the users who get the old form participating in a process started before the changes to the form?

Regards.

Former Community Member
Mary-

Just a thought is the process you are using only have a single version or mulitiple? Which is active and which is the form tied to?

Former Community Member
Thanks for your replies.

Peter

-- I could not find a path on my PC or the Workflow server for

\program files\adobe\workflow server\webaccess\web\forms\server\forms\formcache\msdhtml\msie_v5.

-- We are using Form Server via HTML

Daniel

--I can clear out the CACHE as you described. But would it need to be cleared out daily or more often?

-- I checked our IE setting under Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Settings and we have it set at Automatically. Would Every visit to a page be better?

Jon

--We only have a single version of the process.

We ran a re-install of Workflow for users using Prisim and after a restart they got the updated form.

We don't know whether this has been happening all along when I have deployed changes to our other active app - our New Client Matter app.

It's strange and kind of worrysome as I assume the changes are deployed and all users may not have them.

Thanks for your replies and let me know if you have other info.

Mary

Former Community Member
Hey, Mary.

You won't have to clear out the CACHE often if you set the option "Every visit to the page". This option tells the browser to never use the cached files on the local machine an check for changes or updates on the web pages every time an HTTP request is made for them.

If you set "Automatically" as the default option, the browser will check for updates on the page based on a serie of rules, not every time the page is requested, that is, sometimes it will check for updates, and sometimes it will use the pages on cache.

Remember these settings are to be made on the user computer, not on the AWS Agent Server.

Let me know if it works.

Regards.

Former Community Member
Is there is any way to make "Every visit to the page" option selected by default with the help of JavaScript or PHP ?

Because I am also facing same problem. I have done web site for image manipulation. But IE will display old image, though I applied special effects on image. However after pressing F5 page will refresh & get new copy.

Please guide me on dhaval@kaushalam.com email address.

Thanking you,

Dhaval