Expand my Community achievements bar.

Show/Hide PDF and Print buttons trigger alerts in Workspace

Former Community Member
I have a form which is being rendered as a form guide which was created using Designer's Guide Builder. When I load this in a process in workspace, it renders fine for the most part, however, the Show/Hide PDF and Print buttons do not function and instead display an alert :

defaultCallback:

msgId = -1

request = activateDocumentView

errorMessage = GeneralError: Operation failed.

parms = null

and

defaultCallback:

msgId = -1

request = printPDF

errorMessage = GeneralError: Operation failed.

parms = null

Any advice to find out what the problem is here?

Thanks,

Ryan
5 Replies

Former Community Member
What script do you have on the buttons. My guess is that the script is calling a property or object that is not supported in the Guide.

Former Community Member
I am not sure. In viewing the XML Source of the XDP file, I can only find the single encrypted element 'guides' which must be used to help generate the flex form guide.

To clarify, these buttons, as far as I can tell are standard control buttons (save,print,email pdf and show/hide pdf) that get created when rendering an XDP form as a Form Guide rather than PDF.

An interesting additional note is I am finding that these controls don't consistently render when viewing the Form Guide in workspace.

Former Community Member
You shoudl be using the Loyout that is intended for workspace.

Are you using that one?

Level 2

Paul,

Even I am facing the same problem..

But. I could not find out the solution still..

Aswani.

Former Community Member
Paul -

Turns out the issue and inconsistencies were related to a corrupt LiveCycle ES install and were unrelated to the process and forms themselves. T

hanks for your input though.

Ryan