Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Setting up email addresses in a text field.

Former Community Member
Hi.

Can anyone help me.

I am using Adobe Designer 7.0 and would like to know if there is a way of linking a email address in a text field box to a submit email button.

As far as I can tell you can only put one email address in the object field and thats it.

What i am trying to do is let people select a email address from a drop down list and then click the submit email button and it would use the address from the drop down list.

Thanks

Mike.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
I set up a form with a hidden "Email submit button" with a default email address.

I placed another visible button on the page and put in the "click" event the following javascript:

> EmailSubmitButton1.resolveNode("#event").submit.target = "mailto:abx@zyd.com";

> EmailSubmitButton1.execEvent("click");

change the "mailto:abx@zyd.com" to whatever you want, as long as it has "mailto:" in front of it, or else it defaults to a HTTP submit.

For example, if you want to set the email address to a value from a drop down list:

> var emailAddress = "mailto:" + DropDownList1.rawValue;

When the user clicks on the visible button, it's sets the email address on the hidden email button and causes a click event on the button - bingo - email sent to a custom email address.

Regards

Anthony Jereley

Indigo Pacific Pty Ltd

www.indigopacific.com