Expand my Community achievements bar.

select an item from a 2nd drop-down list based on the 1st drop-down list

Former Community Member
am new Adobe livecycle developer , my knowledge is Oracle and Sql , plSql . I want to design an adobe form, for which I have 2 drop down lists , one for all ministries , the other one is for all directorates which related to the selected ministry. The scenario is as follows:

The user will pick a ministry from the 1st drop down list, then for the 2nd dropdown, the list of all directorates that are belongs to the selected ministry should appear in order he can select the specified directory from the dropdown list. (no need for buttons).

I had tried the Stefan Camerons procedure in connecting a form to Db, and selecting specific record from a data base , the dropdown "Pick a Category" field is not working, also I had tried to copy his script into my form ,still is not working. Is there any method ? or maybe something I need to add to my script .

I am using adobe live cycle designer 7.1

Adobe reader is 7.0

the file is saved as pdf

data connection informations in the form are as follows :

1-DataConnection1.

Using OLEDB

database name is : Financial_DB_Forms (on the server)

OLEDB provider is :Microsoft OLEDB provider for SQL Server

Server : MOFNEO

Connecting string : Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=Financial_DB_Forms;Data Source=MOFNEO;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=CPU-0900;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False

Table1 : Financial_Form_Ministry ( contains all ministries numbers and description)

2-DataConnection2. (same info. As above )

Table2 : Financial_Form_Directorate ( contains of all directorates for all ministries and description) .

Also can you please send me a telephone number and e-mail of any adobe developer that I can call him if I need any assistance .

Your help will be much appreciated,

(Note :) the above problem has been already logged under populate textfield based on drop-down list
0 Replies