Expand my Community achievements bar.

Saving info on forms in server

Former Community Member
I hope this is the right place to ask this, so here goes:

I have a pdf file of a timesheet that my boss wants to put on a server. His idea is to have users in my office access this file and be able to enter their start and ending times, their names, date, etc. Sounds pretty simple; I can do that. But, we have restrictions on all the computers in my office, so his idea is that they would type in their info and save it, thereby opening it again on the next day and have the previous days info already in.

This is not a big assignment, and we are not even sure if this is doable.

The closes thing I could find was that the user could create a copy of the file on the server to their computer, fill it in, and send it back. (or something like that)

Is what I'm asking even a possibility? If it isn't it is no big deal, but if it is, I would appreciate any help being tossed my way. Thank you.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Yes this is possible, but you need to design some sort of application that will store the data and have some way to associate it with the user. So the data can be stored in a DB, on the file system, whatever, but when the user goes to the application it must know what data to take and pass that and the template into the LC Forms API to create the filled in PDF that will be sent to the user.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support