Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Saving a fillable form in Adobe 7.0 Reader

Former Community Member
Hi,

I created a fillable form in LiveCycle, and distributed through the company.

If other people read it with adobe 7.0 reader they are unable to save it with the data still in it what am I missing, I have tried changing the security settings within the document but still no joy !!!!

Can anyone help.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
You'll either need to buy Reader Extension software (very expensive) to enable saving rights on forms opened with Adobe Reader or buy Acrobat 8.0 which has the ability to enable saving of forms in Reader.

Regards,

Dave

Former Community Member
So it's not possible to save a form that you fill out unless everybody that receives it buys Acrobat 8?

Isn't there any was around this?

Former Community Member
No, only the person creating the form would need Acrobat 8; it has the ability to enable certain rights which will allow Reader users to save filled forms.

Dave

Former Community Member
Rebecca - Dave's reply was missing an answer to your question: "Everybody that receives it buys Acrobat 8"? No, those using the forms DO NOT need to have Acrobat Professional 8. Usually one person (such as yourself), has Acrobat 8 and enables the rights on those forms created (there is actually a selection to do this). Once the form is enabled, anyone who simply has Reader can fill in and save a form.

Hope this helps!