Expand my Community achievements bar.

Save data issue

Former Community Member
I am new to form building and have been working on an interactive form to submit OR Surgical booking requests from the physician offices to the surgical scheduling office. I have run into a few roadblocks and have not found my answers on the help menu so I am looking for someone who would like to offer their assistance.

. The form is intermittently not saving all data when sent back and forth.

. Can there be a drop down list box that permits multiple selections.

. Can there be a hyperlink connecting a response to one question to additional questions.

If there is someone out there willing to assist this not new nurse with new technical skills it would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Alison

sanga@gunet.georgetown.edu
4 Replies

Former Community Member
The form is intermittently not saving all data when sent back and forth. <br /><answer> Are you using Reader ...how is the dat being passed back and forth?<br /><br />. Can there be a drop down list box that permits multiple selections.<br /><answer> DropDown list can only have a single selection but choicelists can have multi-selections<br /> <br />. Can there be a hyperlink connecting a response to one question to additional questions<br /><answer> not a hyperlink but you can direct the cursor to go to another field by using the xfa.host.setFocus("target fieldname")

Former Community Member
> Are you using Reader ...how is the dat being passed back and forth?

Yes, we are using reader and sending through outlook

> not a hyperlink but you can direct the cursor to go to another field by using the xfa.host.setFocus("target fieldname")

My appologies for my ingnorance but I am a nurse by trade and do not ubnderstand this answer. Are there good training classes for this stuff or am I in over my head?

Thank you,

Alison

Former Community Member
There are a couple of books written on Designer and how to control the forms. You shodul be able to find them on the web.

The xfa.host.settFocus....is a command that could be written inside of a script. If you have never written code before then you will find the concepts difficult to understand.