Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sample for Re-Rendering with Form Manager and Forms

Former Community Member
Hello,

I'm looking for a sample of a dynamic form which gets re-rendered with Forms when the RENDERAGAIN button in the form is clicked and the form was opened with Form Manager. I read through the documentation, but I don't think I just need to put a button on the form name it 'RENDERAGAIN' and that's it. Does anyone know what code I have to use then in the button to re-render the form? Is there maybe also a possibility to tell Forms to render the form specifically? I know there is the Forms API with which I can customize the rendering and then show the form in a browser, but I have no idea how to tell Form Manager that it should use my customized code instead of the 'regular' one. Any help is greatly appreciated and urgently needed.

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Karin

(BTW: I hope you don't mind that I put it also in the Forms and Designer forum hoping to get a quick response)
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Karin,

I have been working on a project that required the RENDERAGAIN button to execute some code at the server-side. The only thing you need to do other than naming the button, is set the action to "Submit". This tells Form Manager to perform the server side scripts and then rerender the form to the browser.

I needed to access a web-service from my non-reader enabled form which can not be done from the client. The code I execute at server-side invokes the web-service.

Worked great.

Peter L

4Point