Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Restricting a Date Field - 2 Weeks from Today

Not applicable
Hi,

I am working on an Order Form. There is a field called 'OrderDate' which is today's current date. There is another field called 'RequiredDate' which is the date I want restricted. Currently I have this field set with a Value Type of "User Entered - Required".

I want to also script the field so that clients can ONLY enter a date that is at least 2 weeks in the Future or more. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
1 Reply
Niall_O_Donovan
Level 10
Level 10
Hi Audrey,

This may not be the prettiest solution, but I did get it to work.

First create two visible date fields "order_date" and "required_date".

Then set up two hidden fields "order_date_num" [numeric field] and "required_date_check" [date field].

The "order_date" field does not have any script.

The "order_date_num" field has the following Formcalc in the calculate event (this converts the date to a number):

b $ = Date2Num(order_date.rawValue, "YYYY-MM-DD", "en_IE")

The "required_date_check" has the following Formcalc in the calculate event (this adds 14 days to the number [if the order_date is not empty] and converts it back to a date):

b if (HasValue(order_date_num)) then

b $ = Num2Date(order_date_num.rawValue + 14, "YYYY-MM-DD", "en_IE")

b else $ = null

b endif

The "required_date" field has the same Formcalc in the calculate event (this auto populates the Required Date field to 14 days time, prompting the user):

b if (HasValue(order_date_num)) then

b $ = Num2Date(order_date_num.rawValue + 14, "YYYY-MM-DD", "en_IE")

b else $ = null

b endif

I set the "required_date" field to calculated, but user can overide, so the last script is needed to prevent the user setting a date sooner than 14 days. The Javascript is in the "required_date" exit event (this checks the value at exit to the "required_date_check" valua and if less than 14 days, throws up a warning and resets the date to 14 days):

b if (this.rawValue < required_date_check.rawValue)

b {

b app.alert({

b cMsg: "WARNING - Check Required Date.\n\n The required date must be b at least two weeks after the Order Date.",

b cTitle: "YOUR ORGANISATION",

b nIcon: 1, nType: 0

b });

b this.rawValue = required_date_check.rawValue;

b }

Hope this helps! It may be possible to achieve the same effect in less steps, but that is beyond me.

Regards,

Niall