Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Reset values of an exclusion/radio-button group to blank

Level 1

I've designed an evaluation form for work with numerous categories, each of which has an associated radio-button group to rate the individual in that category.  The radio buttons are "N/A 1  2  3  4  5"  As they're set up as exclusion groups, checking a value will clear other values for that particular item that may have been previously checked - this is working just fine.

However, the boss just asked me today if there's a way to reset *all* the values for a particular item to a blank state.  An example would be say "Leadership" for which you've given someone a rating, only to find out that individual doesn't *have* any subordinates.  I would say "then check N/A instead" but he wants to totally clear that item, so it's as if nothing were ever checked.

I'm doing this in LiveCycle Designer 8.0.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Queron@gmail.com

**Moderator: please feel free to move this to whatever other forum is applicable**

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi There,

I think all you need to do is add some script to set the group back to blank: i.e. rbo.rawValue = "";

Level 1

And I do that how exactly?

Points to blinking "CLUELESS" sign overhead

Assuming I know next to nothing in this regard would probably be a safe bet!

I think what I'd need would be a button at the beginning or end of each

exclusion group labelled "reset" that'd do this.

Albeit, it's going to be tedious, as there's dozens of items in this eval

form!

Thanks!

Former Community Member

I have attached a sample form. In Designer, slect the button on the form and then look at the

Click event in the script window.

Also, you might try posting at http://forums.adobe.com/community/livecycle . this current forum you are posting to is really geared towards LiveCycle Trainers. The link I provided is more for the developer community and you will find more resources there.

Good luck

Level 1

There's nothing attached?

I'll check out the other forum.

Thanks!

Former Community Member

Hmmm. I can see it attached. Do you want me to email it

to you?